Thursday, April 30, 2009

finding the time

Mom and I are fixing up her house for a college reunion, so it's hard to find the time lately for things like shopping, laundry, blogging or pancakes. Mom likes to beg off on letting me use the kitchen for pancakes because they take time and make a mess, which also takes time then to clean up.

And blogging? I culled about 1000 words from email and chat but haven't had time to edit and post it!

But now, finally today I took the time to make pancakes. Now, pancakes are a treat. 900 calories of pancakes have the joy and satiety factors of 1800 calories of my regular foods.

That reminds me of how nice it was to eat the wonderful food at St. John's College cafeteria. I would eat there while taking time off from school and even after I graduated. 1800 calories. I'd count 'em and be done with eating for a while -- all for the $10 cover price.

No comments: