Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend Update

I can't believe it's been a week since I have written to my blog!! And there's so much going on that I wanted to talk about.

Last Sunday one of my temporary agencies sent an executive and some clerks to a construction site to clean up after the crew, just trying to keep us busy. The chemical solvent had a strong smell. The "honey bucket" splashed back at me when I defecated. On the job, we talked about college and the economy. I thought we were working on a building for new office suites for tenants that would someday offer us jobs, but it turned out it was a big skyscraper full of condos. Well, maybe the residents will still offer us jobs. Or, maybe they'll edge us further out of the sweet spot by snapping up jobs. It's a beautiful building. Only time will tell.

Kitty is dying for email. Must...have...email. I think I'm going to have cards printed promoting my blog. (My alter-ego gets plenty of mail, but it seldom has anything to do with this blog. To respond to blog, send mail to kittylane167@gmail.com. Respond to my survey questions (see "You Might Prefer a Raisin in the Sun;") ask your own questions; respond, respond, respond. Thank you.)

I also need a strategy to keep abreast of my friends' blogs -- a home page full of links is what it will be.

Nicola (recent love interest; not his real name) wrote back, giving me the green light to blog about him. I wish that everyone were as level-headed and fair-minded as he was in that letter. As I unpack and air out my feelings, you can read them right here at "I Can't Complain."

Next up, I started taking pictures with my camera phone. For someone as poor as I am to own a camera phone is a real head-scratcher. My parents bought it cheap and mailed it to me. They don't have much money either; they just really wanted me to have a phone, and this one was on sale. As yet I have no way of uploading the pictures to the computer.

Finally, can anyone guess how much weight I've lost (since March?) Thirteen pounds, people. I'm down to 157 from 170. Fellas are noticing me; and the big girls' clothier is grasping at straws not to hire me at the size I am now despite my brilliant interview. Success. Still trying to lose a few more.

Oh, yeah. One more thing belongs in this weekend update. Independence Day was pretty nice even though I charred my vegetable dish and watched an historical documentary that gave some gory details about the Revolutionary War. Fireworks could be seen right outside my window.

No comments: