Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Snapshot(s)

My snapshot of me today is, I'm depressed. Maybe posting literal snapshots will lift my mood a little. I forced myself to do aerobics. That's a start. OK, now some pictures and maybe a little more train-of-thought. Maybe. I dunno.





What matters in life is animals -- big, huggie doggies and fluffy kittycats who love you and want to be your friends.

I drew a picture of my Filipino friend under a green canvas tarp awning...

I want [access to] a beach and friends and animals and security and health. You know I did another actuarial calculator today. I think it's BS because the nature of the questions betrayed ignorance and assumptions. Like, why would I need 24 ounces of milk a day if I take 1000 mg of calcium every other day and eat other calcium rich foods? Anyway, it basically says I'm gonna kick the bucket if I don't get some kind of health plan that allows for actual checkups versus emergency care, and also if I don't make some friends. 84 is all it gives me. Shades of the Beatles -- "You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out of here." But again it's BS. My bloodwork was perfect -- all lipids, hormones, every marker tested was completely optimal. The calculator didn't ask me any of that, except that it asked me for cholesterol numbers that I didn't actually know (I just knew they were perfect.) Instead it basically just said fie on me for not getting a checkup. Then it offered to take me to a website for making friends. "Might have gone but what for?" (Jack Jones?)

When I had dear Anwar I asked him if he would get me a pet elephant when we moved to Egypt. I'm glad he didn't hurry to agree. If you're gonna get an elephant you gotta get two. Elephants who don't have other elephants pair off platonically with dogs. OK, I know of one such story, anyway. The elephant sanctuary had many best-friend pairs of elephants, but the odd elephant out made friends with a dog.

No comments: