Friday, March 13, 2009

More Anwar

I thought I'd tip my hand for anyone who would ever be kind enough to read my blog. From my last post it's apparent that I got engaged to Anwar before my emotions were fully on board. My emotions caught up with me as I knew they would. But this modus operandi must sound really strange to people from my culture, so I thought I'd at least try to explain myself here.

First, I wouldn't have done that for just anyone. Second, I wouldn't have planned it that way by myself. Here was this great guy that I really liked asking me to marry him. So I said I would do it if I fell in love with him, which I was sure I would because I liked him so much already. I said we should start planning, so I got in touch with my Church about getting Anwar's previous marriage annulled. We worked out details like rings -- like no rings, please, because we both disliked to wear any jewelry. (We both liked to play gutar, actually. How would that feel with rings on?)

And then, like I said, in the end I did fall in love with him, with rather ironic timing.

Did I manage to explain myself here? It isn't often that I become attracted to anybody, after all. Well, I'll ask Eric and Eliot. They're good at breaking it down.

No comments: