Monday, November 10, 2008

While Walking through the Park

I wonder what I thought I had to say that was so urgent that I detoured to the library to write it in my blog.

Actually, I came here to check my email for a letter from Anwar. Still, I was keen to blog.


I passed an angry guitar-slinging hippie who was keen to sue the city for the harassment he suffered from cops. I wished him luck but had no coins to throw in the guitar case. Moving along, I reached a hot dog stand. I hemmed and hawed about whether to part with a dollar over coffee. The man said he'd gimme coffee for a dollar. Then I proffered a credit card so he said I could just owe him the dollar. I sat with some ladies on his outdoor furniture. Then night fell and he had to pack up. When he offered the remaining hot dog gratis I claimed it gratefully.


Theodore Roosevelt inspired the Teddy bear. What will Barack Obama inspire, besides post-election euphoria and renewed hope? I would like to render his portrait and send it to him along with my governance wish list -- stuff like student loan forgiveness. How cool would that be? I will want him to enjoy the portrait even if he can't help with the wish list, but I think that, yes, he can -- help with the wish list, that is. And even if it's a pipe dream he will probably read it with his own two peepers. And if the picture is worthy I'm sure he will keep it.

No comments: