Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bonzo off his Back

With Bonzo off his Back, John McCain has an important role to play in Washington -- that of sincerely working to unite government behind President Obama. I think he's gonna do it. I think his party drove him crazy through this whole campaign and he's ready to go back to political moderation. But more than that, I think he's ready to cross the aisle and cooperate with legislation that he never would have favored before, so as not to frustrate America's new direction. It's as though moderates are going to shrug and say, "If we're going to do this thing, let's do it and not mire it." McCain can spearhead this new attitude, and people will be looking to him for that kind of guidance.

I haven't seen any news since around midnight, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were cartoons in the newspapers depicting a large chimpanzee being pried off McCain's back by Sarah Palin.

No comments: