Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Honeymoon Continues

Thursday I could tell that the neighborhood was still in Obama honeymoon mode. My job interviewer and I seemed to bond over it, among other things. (I also got the job.) I asked a stranger for change for my $5, and he gave me two bus tickets gratis. After one of two bus rides another stranger asked me for change for $1 and I gave him one of the two bus tickets. I told him I was in honeymoon mode with everybody else. When I realized that I'd lost the transfer I got for the first ticket, I think I must have said a prayer. The second driver said his coin machine was broken so everyone was riding free. It was a coincidence * but I got a cheer or two from the crowd when I barritoned in response, "Yes we can!"

God be praised always. And be He thanked for our new president.


* Correction: It was a coincidence with regard to Obama's election. I do not call it a coincidence with regard to the fact that I had just prayed to God for a free ride. In this "coincidence" I see what I believe is an answer from above.

No comments: