Sunday, March 14, 2010

Brain Dump

Last night I went to a party with a renaissance theme, dressed for the occasion in a replica 14th century Italian getup. If I'd really been up for it, it would have been really nice, but I was on the rag, so I dragged. Then I spent the night at a friend's house. I hate it when I do that. I wake up cold, hungry, dirty and bedraggled in the middle of someone else's Sunday with a long ride ahead of me to fill up most of the rest of my Sunday.

The deal was, I decided to stay the night so that my friend would go to Church with me (he never goes.) We had a deal. But we overslept the earlier masses because I was too cold to want to move and he hadn't set his watch 1 hour ahead for spring yet. Fine, I said we could go to a later mass. But he had obligations and couldn't do that either. Fine, I said he could go to a mass some other weekend without me. But, no, my friend is too timid to go to Church by himself. He's never been married, but he won't go by himself. What a pickle I'd be in if I couldn't go to Church by myself.

So here I sit trying to pick up loose ends and salvage a Sunday evening. I don't know where to start. One way to make today worth it is to consider my lesson paid in full -- no more overnights. My hosts are great, but overnights still suck. People try to make me comfortable. They try real hard, but there's no way they can replicate the comforts of home, especially when I have my period.

I have to add I was wrong to remain cold, stiff and huddled in bed instead of forcing myself to get up and check the time. Otherwise I could have gone to Church with my friend.

My sister and I are at my mother's house right now. We don't seem to have too much to say to one another right now, for no particular reason.

So... When I come around and start getting back into my routine, what shall I do? Well, I wanted to clean the litter box and do some laundry, but the basement is flooded. So instead I will clean up the kitchen, medicate the cat, dust some furniture and take a real good shower. Where's that cat? When he gets drowsy and relaxed that's when I'll pounce (that is, give him his medicine.)

No comments: