Sunday, January 10, 2010

brain dump

Man, I really wanted to post my Heisenberg paper from college on this blog, but blogspot apparently won't accept a pdf imbed. The challenge is to translate from pdf to jpeg via gimp, then see if a file as large as that resulting will be accepted by blogspot. A challenge that will have to wait.

Regarding Mayor Sheila Dixon -- I felt strongly that someone who did all that work should keep her pension, and she did. There is justice in the world. I wish also that everyone had kept his pension. There is injustice too.

Flying a desk has not caused me to put on weight. If anything, I've lost a few ounces since August.

The DNC has sent a survey. I hope I will find time to address it. By the way, I think the Steeler's Wheel song is about their 1968 convention. Also, while I digress, I think that "Saturday in the Park" by Chicago is about the French Revolution. Think about it -- They thought it was the fourth of July, but somebody knew it was a certain date in Thermidor or something like that.

There are items in my brain that refuse to be dumped right now. I'm just not ready to talk about them. But what else can I dump out right now?

I knew a serial killer, but I believe I've known worse people than she. Her victims are dead. They don't suffer. Killing them was passionate, honest and direct, even if it was really, really wrong. But now think of all the offenders who don't break the law but who hurt people worse, more deviously, less obviously -- and leave them alive to suffer the memory. I don't feel as badly toward the serial killer as I do toward the cruel, the disrespectful, the bullies, the relation aggressors, the oppressors, the verbal abusers, and those who actively promulgate a social pecking order -- who don't even seem to think of themselves as criminals. Think about it. Wouldn't you share time with a killer before you exposed yourself to the company of those other thugs? These are only meant to be my own feelings impressions. Only God knows the truth. I also realize that if a killer takes out a sinner before the latter comes to God for salvation that that could ultimately be unimaginably horrible; but it's probably not the intention of the killer.

I am in a loud environment that is not of my own making. I need to get back to my own environment. Now, my sister can have the house for now. What I need is a simple, cheap foundation beneath a cob box for me to sleep in. TV sucks because it's loud and it dominates the environment.

No comments: