Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Late Great Pumpkin




What a great orange cat I had. Pumpkin came to me when he was maybe 4 or 5 months old, just a little guy, and he made two mouse catches right away. He knew all about how to be a cat because his mother's owner gave her time to raise him.

Once he brought down a squirrel!

Mighty hunter, yes. But we loved Pumpkin just for being Pumpkin.

The cat loved and played with the dogs. When he was little he used to hide in a coke box and have the dogs push him down the stairs in it -- wee!

Once when I was cuddling Pumpkin and our Ginger Girl puppy shed salt tears for wanting to be included, both Pumpkin and I immediately showered our puppy with affection.

By the way, Pumpkin preferred to live at my Mother's house, not at my house.
This I say in case anyone familiar with my household is wondering what dogs I could be talking about.

Pumpkin passed away this summer, hit by a car.

No comments: