Friday, September 12, 2008

I be Illin'

Sick to my stomach, I shouldn't be awake. But I ate too much chocolate so here I sit, too sick to sleep. Every time I hang out with my certain friend I over-eat. Now I understand why people take medicine like Alli (Ali? Alli?) I used to think that, if people didn't want too much of the wrong kind of fat in their diet they could just decide not to eat it -- just refuse to put it in their food. And that's how it was when I did the cooking. But when you're a guest you're off your game.

Two weeks ago I actually let some guys feed me out of a deep fryer. I felt like I didn't have a choice. I was busking (playing guitar for donations) in front of a restaurant and the friendly cooks and service crew pooled their money to give me a tip. They also brought me fish and chips. Now, how could I turn that down? A week after that it was pizza on a date. And now, chocolate en masse. There must be some strategy for taking your diet on the town with you.

That being said, my friend -- I'll call him Anwar to protect his true identity -- is a pretty good host. It is I who need to learn to refuse too much of a good thing.

No comments: