Friday, April 2, 2010

Pursuant to Previous Post

The friend I mentioned in the previous post offered me an alternative perspective on people misreading one another which encouraged me to stick it out and keep the key. I'm not happy about people making up stuff about one another, mind you. And I believe he reassured me that I was never caught doing it. At least I've got that. I think the world would be a better place without the prejudice but a micrometer of tolerance is all I need to hang in there just now.

In that substantial conversation (which I hope I will get a chance to write more about) he mentioned that he was at a crossroads in his life and that he believed I was too. "How could you not be?" (How could anybody not be, at any time?) I suppose people are up for trying something a little differently every now and then. So I'm going to try to get in on this advertising deal he has. If I could submit bids for the kind of work I want to do, my livelihood could really come up to snuff. I need that extreme home makeover before the roof caves in, after all.

Now, what could he have been talking about? When you're at a crossroads you want to abandon your old direction. Is he criticizing my whole trajectory here? No trajectory changes will take place unless it's for the sake of my relationship with God. Why would I invest the aeons in my current pattern if only to abandon them at length for who knows what worldly reason. All I want is some dough to fix the house with and some reassurance that I'm saved. And here is Easter. I should pray for the reassurance and maybe also pray for the money. But I can try new tricks in pursuit of money. I've got to get in on that advertising deal...

No comments: