Friday, December 5, 2008

Weekend Update

Sitting in my cubicle waiting for a ride to the transit center, I don't have much time to write, but I will feel better if I write. It seems to me that a few times this week I framed concisely to myself what I wanted to say in this post, but now I'm at a bit of a loss. So much has happened. One future post is sitting in a notebook waiting to be transcribed. And I really want to tell about this commute situation...

It's insane. On weekdays the commute totals about five hours both ways. This coming Sunday I may be looking at seven hours, just so I can put in seven hours of overtime. I'm living on the bus, trying not to eat when I get home because home time is for sleeping, and sleeping is best done on an empty stomach. Time at home is barely enough for sleeping, but God is good to me and I am functional in this matrix.

And Anwar did officially break up with me. He had to do it by email because apparently he's moved back to Egypt! We're just friends now. He has a new girlfriend so I will encounter some boundaries, but I don't know exactly where they are yet. All the questions, thoughts and feelings have to wait until I have time for them.

I will say this: Anwar is a sweet guy. He needs someone to love him just as I would have loved him if he had married me.

No comments: