Friday, December 26, 2008

Good Humor Premium Ice Cream Bar

I just enjoyed a Good Humor Premium Ice Cream Bar and, while I hate to complain about a tasty, reasonably wholesome treat that was made for my enjoyment -- andsomething I actually did enjoy -- I found some "opportunities for improvement," plus some reasons you might want to go back to Ben & Jerry's. The Good Humor bar was a little too sweet. Americans are older now, and an older palate prefers less sweetness. And as far as kids, go, parents these days are savvy about not over-sugaring them. Polysorbate 60 and 80 made the list of ingredients, and the chocolate coating relies on vegetable oil rather than cocoa butter. Maybe a little vegetable oil is what it takes to make the coating hard? I don't know. But since when did 4 oz of ice cream pack 260 calories? I enjoyed my ice cream bar, but I'm going back to Ben and Jerry's.

No comments: