Wednesday, August 6, 2008

So many thoughts, so little time

Well, I have successfully completed my data entry temporary assignment. (It ended a little early because they have a new staffer who took over my duties as well as the ones they had originally assigned to her.) As for my next gig I have two hot prospects (including an interview that has already been planned!) When John finds out I'm out of work again, he will want to see how far I got with his manuscript -- pretty far, actually, but it's still on paper. I should at least type it up, and I'd like to finish it up before he sees it.


Last night I treated myself to a gourmet meal at home. I thought about eating for nutrition, expedience and practicality, but when I saw that delicious meal coming together I just totally went for it. I thought, it's only me eating it; who cares? But then I thought, what if somebody really cares enough about me to read my blog? Wouldn't it be nice to make the meal really great so I can share the experience with that worthy individual?

So here is what I had: Roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes and steamed kale topped with organic cottage cheese and black grapes, plus a tomato and cheddar sandwich on multi-grain bread. The beverage was homemade lemonade. (Since I had already had a lot of protein that day, I didn't sweat the grams at this meal.) Write to me if you love it. I did it for both of us.

(To be continued, next post)

No comments: