Tuesday, June 10, 2008

my resume

Maryland! Virginia! Pennsylvania! Jersey! Delaware! If you want me back in the neighborhood, show people my resume. If I find a good job I will come back.

[If you know me, you can insert my name and phone number if you circulate this resume on my behalf. Thanks. -- Kitty]

Although I majored in Philosophy and aspired to the contemplative life, I am blessed with solid general office skills (Word, Excel, QuickBooks, etc.) and long tenure with a single company in phone-based customer service. I come to Seattle in hopes of using my skills, learning new ones, and helping people.

Education:

BA / Liberal Arts / St. John’s College / Annapolis, Maryland
AA / Computer Information Systems / Villa Julie College / Stevenson, Maryland

Recent employment:

Temporary worker; 2006 – present; Adecco (Towson MD,) TempStar
(Hanover PA,) Volt (Seattle,) Pace (Seattle,) and others

Work is by assignment, either production oriented or clerical in nature. In my most recent long-term assignment I tested account management software for T. Rowe Price’s Business Services Department. This involved structured testing and filing reports when errors were detected. I’ve also done inventory/cataloging, laboratory work, mail handling, phone work, various clerical tasks and product assembly.

food service; 2004 – 2006; Giant Food Store and Nell’s Shurfine Market (both in Hanover, PA)

These jobs involved tending cash, stocking shelves and bagging groceries.

telephone service representative; 1995 – 2003; Tasco (6600 York Road; Towson, Maryland)

Tasco is a full-service phone bank. Here I took inbound calls, answered queries, took orders for products, transcribed and dispatched phone messages, and kept schedules (for appointments and facilities use.) Because everything was documented, my writing skills were honed every day. I have spent my career with this company and it has taught me to be a highly productive team player. Please note that I spent nearly eight years at Tasco.

Skills:

General: writing / editing, conflict resolution, graphic illustration, customer service, typing (60+ wpm), bookkeeping, product development, switchboard operation (3 line with screen interface)

Computer: Word, Excel, QuickBooks, and an understanding of structured and object-oriented programming.

Accomplishments and Kudos:

2004 Award for customer service excellence at Giant

1998 United States Patent # 5,718,053 granted on my invention, the Stationary Perspective Device, a tool for artists.

1997 Translated French patent in order to defend my own patent application

1994 Improved Maryland Tax Administration’s automated return process by recommending the use of a file counter on verification consoles. (That way, operators now know how well they are keeping pace. This has probably saved money for the government, and I know it makes life easier for operators. I did this while on temporary assignment in that department.)

No comments: