Monday, December 28, 2009

Alli

I don't understand the popularity of Alli. Yes, I'm sure there are people who are helped by it; but these same people could be helped by using less cooking oil. Some may say that cooking oil imparts flavor, but I've found that it's mostly a matter of diminishing returns. One teaspoon of oil will flavor a family-sized dish splendidly but two will do little more. Alli doesn't purport to help with anything except expelling undigested fat, supposing that's what you want to do. Frankly, I'd bet most dieters want to keep the fat they eat because they put it in their diet deliberately to meet intake targets for various types of good fats. I know I usually do. Dieters might look for help with portion control, limiting glycemic impact, increasing metabolism, balancing hormones and sensitivity to insulin; and the Alli advertisements say nothing about these things. As far as I can tell it just flushes a little undigested fat for a big price tag. I say go easy on the cooking oil and you won't need or want to flush it. Any reactions out there? Because I know lots of people like Alli. What gives? Please write to Kitty.

No comments: