Friday, September 25, 2009

I've Got A Friend in Pennsylvania

My Pennsylvania friend Dave (real name) wrote me a letter asking if I was still around since he hasn't heard from me in a while. I wrote him this:

Still here. I get more email than Santa Claus. I've heard of some of those bands you wrote about. I especially like 10cc, "Love is Like Oxygen." I think the idea was taken from Napoleon's life, from the writing of his memoirs and from his college chemistry notebook. I don't know what to do about loneliness. It's epidemic. I've become one of those people who work, commute, do chores and that's about it. So how can people cultivate lives and friendships? Society will have to figure out a way to fix this. There is an economic incentive to fix it, too. Think about it, Dave; there's unused economic capacity because people are too busy to shop! I'll try to catch up with my blog this weekend since I'm not going to Pennsylvania (= I'll have some time to relax for a change.)

No comments: