Tuesday, June 16, 2009

brain dump

Life and impressions fly by. If I were taking the best care of myself I would blog enough to keep up with myself. I feel all scrambled and at a loss because I haven't been keeping up. I feel like life and its impressions have gotten away from me. Sneaking away to blog is difficult. I live with my mother, and she doesn't quite relate to my need to do this. In fact, when she finds out I was writing this instead of choosing an activity that she considers more practical, she probably won't like it. I've found that I'm on a short leash and I'm one of few people I know who can handle it. Still, I'm not exactly happy.

That reminds me, Jake and I thought I was one of a few people who could handle hanging close with the latter; and it turned out I dropped the ball. So I shouldn't get too cocky about this situation either. Still, so far, it's mostly working out.

On the employment front, things might be looking up in a month or so. I took a test for a job in a nearby town and it looks like I made muster for an interview. They said to call back in about 3 weeks to schedule it and that they'd be hiring a little while after that. I want steady work this time, none of this temporary nonsense. I hate looking for jobs. If they don't want me punching the clock 2,000 times that sucks, 'cause I just want to dig in my cleats and stay. I'm sure that right about now a lot of people feel that way.

I talked to my uncle at an impromptu family reunion, about cheap ways to build a house. (If you're not up to speed on my housing crisis, my sister lives in my house which is not big enough for both of us; and at the moment I don't mind 'cuz it's lonely up at my country place but here I enjoy the company of my mother and her animals.) When I mentioned shipping containers he said, "People do that... Take a welding class."

For what seemed like about 5 days I had a headache and at least once I got dizzy and had the vague notion that I had been episodically dizzy before that during those 5 days. I should get some raw vinegar to drink and check my blood pressure. There has never been a documented problem with my blood pressure, so if it's up something is awry. My head drained last night and I felt a little better today.

Ah, garcinia cambogia. I had a pinch of the fruit in my tea about a week ago. Now, I'm not saying it was the cause of my headache, which seems to have set in a day or two after I drank the tea. Really, there's too much that could possibly be going on for me to narrow it down that way, even if it turns out that the headache happens to return close to the same time I imbibe again. But lemme tell ya this tea has some potential. When I went to the herb counter the lady there warned me that g.c. smells bad. I replied that if it makes me skinny I'll take it. So she said the effect wouldn't be instant. Frankly, I don't know how much more "instant" a product could be. I quickly got the rash I usually get when my system cleans out after a virus, or maybe when the virus is on the ropes -- something like that. So I had this rash for like two days, and even tho I lost only just short of a pound this week, the usual vicissitudes where I weigh 5 pounds more for part of the day were tamed to only 2 1/2 pounds. For trying something once, unless it's post hoc, this is pretty remarkable. It was so powerful I figured to wait before trying it again. At this point I really would be ready to try it again, except that I'm afraid to tempt fate with my late, great headache. When next I take my tea I'll probably be able to honestly tell the herb lady that it works instantly like a charm.

Ya know what I think the headache was all about? Sinus pressure. I kept swallowing in my sleep, then stuff came out my nose in the morning, and I was better all day. Vinegar. Gotta drink some (watered down) vinegar to flush out the last vestige of inflammation. I drink raw, not distilled, so it will cost.

Today wasn't very fun. The computers lost their internet connection and I feel like the 4 hours I spent restoring them was stolen from me. Now tomorrow I have to clean house. Everything I want to do will have to wait. Even blogging would have had to wait had I not snuck away and done it.

I posted on someone else's blog lately -- a stranger's. More on that later, because I really do want to share it with anyone kind enough to read my blog.

No comments: