Thursday, August 29, 2013

Don't Die, Baby!


Don’t die, Baby!

Part of you doesn’t believe it.  Part of you doesn’t want to believe it.  But part of you believes it, which is why you haven’t died yet. 

There are things yet to live for, even though the things you used to live for are gone.

This may sound like small potatoes to you if you have a “real problem,” but when I lost my beloved to a breakup I felt I had lost everything.  Because everywhere I turned, my reason for living was gone.  But my beloved said, “Move toward the light,” so I made that my mantra.  I saw glorious September shining through flower petals as I tended the gardens I planted to ease my broken heart.  The flowers, the sun, my God, the ocean, my beloved, the words of my beloved – none of these Entities was any less glorious because the bond of my relationship was broken.  At length I was happy to live in a universe where such Glory could exist, and where I could love and appreciate that Glory.

Imagine for a few minutes the plight of an angel so fallen that he cannot love anything (I don’t know if there are such.)  Think of his motivations winking out one by one because there is no reward for anything he might do.  Then come back to reality and praise God for your own loving heart.  You’ll see there’s a Guiding Light, something to live for.

Nature heals its creatures, gives them new life and new purpose.  God does too.  Give them a chance.  Move toward the light.


Important disclaimers:

I hereby disclaim any assertion about God, things Biblical, etc. with the qualification, “If I’m not mistaken.”

(and of course, the ubiquitous)  The foregoing is not intended to take the place of your doctor’s advice and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.  Discuss this information with your own physician or healthcare provider to determine what is right for you. 


No comments: